Sunday, June 29, 2008

Two DirecTV DVRs

Today I gave my Philips DSR7000 to the Sweetest Girl in All the World and her husband-to-be. After my condo complex sold their cable contract to the Evil Comcast Empire, and my requests to the condo association board to install a satellite dish on the common area of the condo failed, I put the two of these DirecTivo boxes away (in the clutter-monger's sense of away, meaning "left them where they were, unplugged--I later boxed them up). They've been sitting unused for over a year, and at every turn, I try to find someone who's subscribed to DirecTV to ask them if they'd like to get a new DVR.

Fun fact: Back when these units were operating at full capacity, I probably ruined my chances of dating a very lovely Chinese girl when I told her that I had these at home.

Both the Sweetest Girl in All the World and another friend have expressed interest in these units, but I was only able to get the DSR7000 to the former today. The latter may have some issues with wiring which would prevent their use of the Hughes HDVR2. Sad, because that unit comes with a special bonus that would be especially useful for his geek-related show watching.

Here's hoping that he'll be taking it off my hands soon.

No comments: