Monday, June 23, 2008

Nike ACG Hiking Shoes

I'll be taking a vacation next month, and because part of it involves a single day of hiking the Grand Canyon, I decided to pick up some hiking shoes a month early so I could break them in.

Unfortunately, they broke me. After trying them on in the store, where they fit me pretty well, I put them on in the morning for my usual walk to the bus and walk home. Within one block of walking my heels were already on fire, and once I got to work from the bus, I made the mistake of peeling my sock off and accidentally ripping the blistered skin from my foot.

Part of getting rid of your clutter is also not buying any more clutter, and while I'm not doing such a good job with the comic books, I'll be returning these to the sporting goods store. I figure I can probably hike the Grand Canyon in a old, comfortable pair of sneakers. Hopefully my blisters will be healed by the time I get there.

No comments: